social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

{Review} The Angel (Original Sinners #2) by Tiffany Reisz

Review
The Angel (Original Sinners #2) by Tiffany Reisz
Publication Date: Sept 25, 2012
Publisher: Harlequin MIRA
Author Twitter - Author GoodReads
My Rating:
Four and a half Stars


Summary: Infamous erotica author and accomplished dominatrix Nora Sutherlin is doing something utterly out of character: hiding. While her longtime lover, Søren—whose fetishes, if exposed, would be his ruin—is under scrutiny pending a major promotion, Nora's lying low and away from temptation in the lap of luxury.

Her host, the wealthy and uninhibited Griffin Fiske, is thrilled to have Nora stay at his country estate, especially once he meets her traveling companion. Young, inexperienced and angelically beautiful, Michael has become Nora's protégé, and this summer with Griffin is going to be his training, where the hazing never ends.

But while her flesh is willing, Nora's mind is wandering. To thoughts of Søren, her master, under investigation by a journalist with an ax to grind. And to another man from Nora's past, whose hold on her is less bruising, but whose secrets are no less painful. It's a summer that will prove the old adage: love hurts. (SOURCE)

OK. I really am not sure I have enough words in me to explain how much I enjoyed The Angel. I honestly wasn't sure when or if I would get around to reading it. After seeing the comments of someone I follow on GoodReads and Twitter she had me intrigued. I had to know what happened with the characters I'd read about in The Siren(Original Sinners #1).

In The Angel we learn a lot more about the Soren. I admit, I wasn't a huge fan of his in The Siren, but he definitely showed a different side of himself in this second book. It was good to get a glimpse into his past. To be able to see why his life went the way it did. With every new twist or reveal I found myself liking him more. I was really happy about that.

Nora's part of the plot was great as well. I liked seeing another side of her. Honestly I was not expecting her to still be thinking about Wesley. The fact that she was really made me feel for her. I was (and still am) actually a little torn about whether I wanted her to leave Soren and go find Wesley.*sigh* I can understand how Nora would be conflicted.

Also, I did a lot of swooning through out the book. And not because of Soren. I adored both Griffin and Michael. I was excited to see them both since we'd had glimpses in The Siren. They are such great characters. I found myself almost wanting to speed through the other parts of the book just to get back to them. Love love love.

I would actually like to know more about the reporter that investigated Soren. I feel like there was so much with her. She and Soren had great chemistry too. I was almost disappointed nothing happened there
I really did love this second book and am curious to see what the next book has in store. I highly recommend The Angel.

I received a copy of The Angel via NetGalley. This did not have any influence on my review.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger