social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

{Review} The Next Always (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy #1) by Nora Roberts

Review

The Next Always (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy #1) by Nora Roberts
Published Date: Nov 1, 2011
Publisher: Berkley Trade

My Rating:
Four Stars


Synopsis: The historic hotel in BoonsBoro, Maryland, has endured war and peace, changing hands, even rumored hauntings. Now it's getting a major facelift from the Montgomery brothers and their eccentric mother. As the architect of the family, Beckett's social life consists mostly of talking shop over pizza and beer. But there's another project he's got his eye on: the girl he's been waiting to kiss since he was fifteen...(SOURCE)



I've always been a huge Nora Roberts fan. For her to write a romance novel that has a bit of a paranormal twist, that's even better for me! 
 
Clare is a military widow and has moved back to the small town she grew up in, with her three young songs in tow. Beckett is the hard working man that has loved her since he was a teenager. He and his family are restoring a historic hotel into a bed and breakfast. Clare owns a book store across the street. Both of them love their work and their families but it's obvious something is missing. 
 
Beckett's 'crush' (can you call it that when you're talking about adults?) on Clare is so cute. He tries not to be obvious about it but everyone (except Clare) sees it. I enjoyed how he did everything he could just to get the opportunity to see her. Like stopping by for coffee at her book store every day, inviting Clare over to check out the progress on the inn. It made my heart warm.
 
I also really enjoyed that Beckett spends time with Clare's boys. And not because he's trying to get her to date him, but because he cares for them too. They are pretty funny and cute kids though, so I loved them too.
 
Beckett's brothers and mother were a hoot so I'm looking forward to their books too. As it is with most trilogies it's obvious who the next books will be about. The other two Montgomery boys and two of Clare's friends. That part might be slightly predictable but I don't mind in the least. 
 
The 'paranormal' aspect I mentioned is a -- friendly ghost that has taken up residence in the old inn. Nobody know who she was. There are some pretty amusing moments with Beckett having 'conversations' with her and even giving her a name. Clare isn't comfortable with the ghost in the house though. She finds it creepy. Ms. Ghost plays a pretty important role in protecting Clare when danger comes calling though. I liked that she wasn't just there as background noise. I can't wait to learn more about her in future books.
 
The Next Always really 'hit the spot' for me. It was a read that I breezed my way through because I didn't want to put it down. It's the perfect beach or rainy day spent on the couch kind of book. I look forward to the next one.


These are only my personal observations and thoughts regarding this book. Any and all books blogged about here are paid for with my personal money unless otherwise specified within the review. If you have questions please feel free to contact me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger