social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

{Review} Three Daves by Nicki Elson

Review

Three Daves by Nicki Elson
Published Date: Feb 16, 2010
Publisher: Omnific Publishing
Author Twitter - Author GoodReads
My Rating:
Five Stars

Synopsis: Jennifer Whitney was the last American virgin. At least that’s what she felt like in 1986 as she began her sophomore year at Central Illinois University. She was proud of her decision to wait for the right guy, and yet she was getting restless. It seemed like everyone around her was doing it... and having fun doing it, too. She didn’t want to become the campus slut or anything, but surely there was a difference between a trashy skank and a nice girl with a little experience. Perhaps it was time to stop relying on fate to guide her and instead take matters into her own hands. And with that realization, Jen decided to find “the one” and lose her virginity, although not necessarily in that order...  (SOURCE)

Ah Three Daves! It was on my TBR list for far too long because really, I wish I'd read it much sooner. Three Daves is set in the 80's (I. KNOW. RIGHT?!). And let me tell you, Three Daves is an excellent book, no matter what decade you grew up in. If you wore acid wash jeans, a denim jacket, had big hair, wore old concert t-shirts, swooned over hair band guys or wore your heels with socks - you'll love it even more.

I should probably preface this by saying I was born in '81 and didn't reach high school and college age until mid and late 90's so I can't totally identify with Jennifer on that level. I did have much older step siblings and remember a lot of things from their high school days. I love 80's music as well. And I'm always up for a great story. I couldn't have gone wrong by reading Jen's story. I giggled and swooned over this light and fun read. Just thinking back on it makes me smile and want to read it again.

The only thing that threw me off was that there are bible quotes but it wasn't a turn off. I just didn't quite know where they fit in. Other than that, the story is so authentic. Jen's emotions and thoughts are dead on with a college girl. Who wouldn't have a hard time deciding which of her three Dave's to date? On one hand, you have the mysterious bad boy, then you have the boy friend that is sorta emo but adorable and you've had a crush on him forever, and of course, the big man on campus with a heart of gold. Such a wide range of guys to choose between! Add to that, the desire to lose her virginity and Jen's life is a whirlwind. (Boy did her plan to lose it make me giggle.)

I really enjoyed Nicki's writing style and felt like I was getting a glimpse into someone's real life. This was one of those fiction stories that leaves you wanting the characters as your friends. I can't say enough how much I loved and enjoyed it. Three Daves made my heart happy.




These are only my personal observations and thoughts regarding this book. Any and all books blogged about here are paid for with my personal money unless otherwise specified within the review. If you have questions please feel free to contact me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger