social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

{Review} A Taste of Desire (The Elusive Lords #2) by Beverley Kendall

Review

A Taste of Desire (The Elusive Lords #2) by Beverley Kendall
Published Date: Jan 4, 2011
Publisher: Zebra 

My rating:
Four Stars



Synopsis:  
She Challenged His Pride
Lady Amelia Bertram may have a reputation as the most brazen beauty of the ton, but she shocks even herself when she accidently--and loudly--derides one of society's most eligible bachelors in the middle of a crowded ballroom. The timing of her faux pas couldn't be worse, for her father is seeking someone to take her off his hands that very night. . .

He Challenged Her Willpower
But when Thomas Armstrong overhears the so-called "Lady" Amelia slandering his sexual prowess in public, he cannot help but accept the dare implicit in her words. To her father's great delight, he offers to take her to his secluded country estate--properly chaperoned, of course--to teach the girl a lesson in ladylike behavior. . .  (SOURCE)

I was pretty thrilled when I received the email saying I'd won a copy of A Taste of Desire through a Goodreads giveaway. It had been a good while since I'd read a Historical Romance so I was really anticipating receiving it.

I have always loved plots with one or both of the main characters 'hating' one another. Thomas and Amelia hit the spot when it comes to that. She's 'difficult' (in his eyes) and he's a 'rake' (in hers).

They are thrown together through a small series of circumstances. Thomas is good friends with Amelia's father and he agrees to help him out by 'taking her in'. As soon as he acquiesces I couldn't help but giggle to myself. I knew (hoped) that things between them would eventually escalate.

It was fun seeing Thomas and Amelia get to know more about one another- to see the other side of their personalities. Thomas is easy to swoon over and Amelia tries her best not to cave and fall for his charms. It's the same for Thomas, the more he's around her, he sees she's not the woman he thought she was. He remains frustrated through out most of the book; battling the physical attraction and the pull he feels.

I actually found myself dragging out reading this because I didn't want it to end. A Taste of Desire was exactly the kind of book I was looking for when I wanted to read something a little different. It's a passionate story with wit thrown in; I thoroughly enjoyed the story and the writing style of Ms. Kendall!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger