social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

{Review} Seers of Light (Light #1) by Jennifer DeLucy

Review

Seers of Light (Light #1) by Jennifer DeLucy
Published Date: Feb 16, 2010
Publisher: Omnific Publishing
 
My Rating:
Five Stars



Synopsis: Lillian Hunt has never truly lived. Always sensing more to the world than is easily perceived, she fears that her instincts are stubborn flights of fancy, or worse, mental instability. But some things—disappearing strangers, tangible dreams, and visits from malevolent creatures—cannot be ignored. Before it's too late, Lillian is ripped from the only existence she’s ever known and thrust into a reality that she always suspected, but could scarcely believe. She must learn the truth about who she is, the powerful beings that wish to destroy her, and the two men who would die to protect her.

Jennifer DeLucy has created a unique, enchanting tale of destiny and the ageless power of love in her debut novel, Seers of Light. DeLucy's novel charms readers with quirky characters, while sketching a haunting portrait of one woman's journey on the path of the supernaturally gifted. But be prepared. Once you've entered the world of Seers, you will never be the same. (SOURCE)

I can't believe it took me so long to start reading Seers. I've had it in my TBR list for a while, and even owned it for a good bit of time before starting it. It is nothing short of amazing. Jennifer weaves an amazing tale that takes you through Lillian Hunt's journey to her new life.

Lily always felt as if somewhere were missing, little did she know, seeing ghosts was actually normal for her "kind". She has an awesome, supporting group of friends that assist her during her transition. There are twists and turns that left me second guessing my initial thoughts.

I love what Ms. DeLucy did with her vampires and lore of the other supernatural aspects of the novel. I'm excited that this will be a series, I need more... now. This one kept my glued to it like no other paranormal book has in a while. I'm happy to recommend it to everyone I know that loves this genre. Amazing read!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger