social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Monday, August 23, 2010

{Review} Stitches & Scars by Elizabeth A. Vincent

Review

Stitches and Scars by Elizabeth A. Vincent
Published Date: May 11, 2010
Publisher: Omnific Publishing

My Rating:
Four Stars




Synopsis: After a move out of the big city to escape heartbreak, photographer Katherine Thomas embraces life in a new town. With her two best friends by her side, she's ready to start over and not look back.

During her first major exhibition at a legitimate art gallery, Kate expects the inevitable nerves, but what she doesn't anticipate is meeting someone who -- with one glance -- leaves her breathless.

What happens when the charming mystery man disappears, leaving Kate wanting more? Without even knowing his name, the odds of finding him again are stacked against her.

Will fate intervene, and if it does, will her old wounds prevent her from acting on the undeniable connection she feels? (SOURCE)

I was very lucky (not to mention, excited) when I received the email from GoodReads stating I'd won a copy of Stitches and Scars. Regardless of if I'd won or not, I had planned on picking up a copy but this made me bump it up to the number 1 spot on my TBR. I dove in as soon as my copy arrived in the mail. I had a million things going on the past couple of weeks and it took me longer than I would have liked to finish reading it. It was too good and I didn't want to put it down when I had to.

Kate Thomas is probably the funnest, most well rounded character I've read in a while. Perhaps I feel that way because she sort of reminds me of myself in some ways. When she meets Ethan Montgomery she is instantly drawn to him but doesn't believe he feels the same for her.

Kate has an awesome support system in her two best friends, Elle and Sophie. They work to try to prove to her she should go after Ethan, even after she finds out some news that she finds disappointing. Both girls are sassy and fun. Probably one of my other favorite parts about Stitches is you get to see Elle and Sophie in their own relationships as well. It's like a three in one deal ;)

After running into Ethan several times Kate finally finds out the truth about him and their love affair gets off the ground. They are adorable and sweet together, even through the rough patches, you just know everything will work out for them.

I don't want to give away more than what little I already have. It's always nice to read something with a happy ending that isn't full of drama and angst (don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of that too haha). I felt like I got to know these characters, like they are now friends of mine. You should definitely grab Stitches and Scars and give it a try. You won't be disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger