social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

{Review} The Wedding Fling by Meg Maguire

Review


The Wedding Fling (Harlequin Blaze #734)  by Meg Maguire
Publication Date: Dec 18, 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Blaze
Author Twitter - Author GoodReads

My Rating:
Two and a Half Stars



Celebrity Scandal! Inside the Runaway Bride’s Secret Rendezvous!

It’s been a busy week for actress Leigh Bailey. The stunning starlet reportedly ditched her cheating groom on her wedding day and ran off to enjoy a honeymoon-for-one at a secluded tropical island. But rumor has it that she’s not alone...

And we have the exclusive scoop on Leigh’s hush-hush hideout—right from the drop-dead delicious dude she’s been fooling
around with!
Resort pilot Will Burgess was just going to give us the basics—enough to earn some much-needed cash. But we never anticipated our intrepid insider getting up close and very, very personal.

It’s the most salacious celebrity story of the year...don’t miss out! (SOURCE)
I admit that I was a little uncertain when I started reading this. Sometimes this type of story can seem rushed -- A bride immediately jumping into a relationship with another man. Happily, it wasn't the case with The Wedding Fling. I felt the pacing was decent and the story was entertaining.

Leigh Bailey is definitely not what you'd expect out of an actress. She's naive, nice and doesn't like the spot light at all. Her mother controls her life. Her parents do nothing but argue. And the huge gap between her and her fiance has been growing for a while.

She finds out that he is cheating on her, on the day of their wedding. She reacts immediately, taking off for the airport. I shake my head as I think about it again. The guy deserved to be confronted-- and then maybe I'd have voted she take off for the airport. I get why she didn't do it though, especially after reading more of her story and getting to know her character.

I liked the private islands resort pilot, Will Burgess. He's a bit sarcastic and definitely skeptical of Leigh. She's not the first celebrity to have floated through the island on a luxury vacation. When Leigh invites herself to a resort employee party Will sees a different side of her. They have great chemistry, Will and Leigh but he tries his best to stay away from her.

Will is a bit of a... free spirit. He can easily take off any time, leaving everything behind. The last thing he really wants is to get involved with someone. Least of all someone that the tabloids are after. And he knows for sure they are, since they contacted him to leak info on her. It's a tempting offer, but once he gets to know her a little better, he can't do it. Will is a really good guy and can't bring himself to do something like that to her.

Their friendship and relationship grows slowly buy steadily. They are great together but it's obvious that things are going to go south. There usually isn't an HEA without a little drama before hand. Also, I figured that tabloid thing wasn't just going to go away. And when Leigh finds out about it, things aren't pretty. Of course it's hard for her to believe he didn't have ill intent. Leigh has always had to deal with people wanting things out of her. It's not shocking that she'd assume Will is just after something else, mainly money.

There's a lot of miscommunication and heart break between these two. Even when Leigh goes home she can't forget about Will. One thing leads to another and Leigh realizes she made a mistake, that Will wasn't trying to use or hurt her. She hurries back to the island to make amends with him. I wanted to hug the poor guy once I learned what he had done to move forward with his life. No longer was he the drifter I first met.

Will's made a drastic life change and when she finds out Leigh makes one of her own. I felt like they had both done everything they should to get to the right spot-- the place they were meant to be in. Together.

The Wedding Fling was a sweet and steamy story that I read pretty quickly. I enjoyed Meg Maguire's style of writing and her characters very much. I just imagine that Will and Leigh are sitting on a beach together, watching the sunset every evening.




I received this book via NetGalley for my honest review. If you have questions please feel free to contact me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger