social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

{Review} Magic at Macy's by Liv Morris

Review

Magic at Macy's by Liv Morris
Publication Date: Nov 19, 2012
Publisher: N/A
Author Twitter - Author GoodReads

My Rating:
Three Stars



Yale University freshman Ally Brown is spending her first Thanksgiving away from home. Feeling alone and restless in a deserted dormitory, she sets off on an adventure to tour the amazing holiday window displays along New York City's Fifth Avenue.
But her plans get sidetracked as she switches from tourist to stalker after spotting her crush, Jack Prescott, who is taking the same train into the city. He's the handsome Editor in Chief of the Yale Daily News and the man of her dreams—if only she could work up the courage to speak to him.
Certain that it would take a miracle for Jack to notice her, Ally experiences her own "Miracle on 34th Street" when things take an surprisingly romantic turn, thanks to a little Magic at Macy's. (SOURCE)


I came across this short story because of a few tweets on the twitter and decided to give it a read. I love short stories, and reading a Christmas themed one is always fun. Unknown to me, this was formerly a Twilight fanfic *shrug* that doesn’t bother me a bit, obviously.

Magic at Macy’s was extremely sweet and fluffy. In short, it was right up my alley. Jack is Ally's best friends older brother. I’m especially a sucker for the “I’m in love with my best friends sibling” kinda thing. I tend to read a lot of those... I sometimes look for this type of story when I’m looking for new things to read.

Ally is an adorable character and very relatable  in my opinion. She’s hesitant to express her feelings for her best friends brother because she doesn't think he 'sees' her. It's easily believable. How often do people crush on someone they assume doesn't feel the same way toward them? I know I've definitely been in that position a time or two in my life. That unrequited thing make me swoon.

Little does Ally know, Jack has a bit of a crush on her too. Except he thinks she's indifferent because when they are around one another, she's super shy. Ally doesn't talk to Jack much, even barely meeting his eyes. He thinks she doesn't like him at all. When he realizes she's following him he decides to take matters into his own hands, surprising her in a few ways. He is a fantastic guy and it's easy to see why Ally has feelings for him.

One of the other things I enjoyed when reading this is that it is written in two parts. First part is Ally's POV, second is Jack's. I love love love getting both perspectives, because once I read the girls thoughts, I find myself dying to know what the boy is thinking too. It's funny to see everything through a different pair of eyes, especially when both characters think the other isn't interested in them.

Magic at Macy's was a fun, quick read. A very sweet story.




These are only my personal observations and thoughts regarding this book. Any and all books blogged about here are paid for with my personal money unless otherwise specified within the review. If you have questions please feel free to contact me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger