social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Friday, April 29, 2011

{Review} The Twilight Saga: Official Ilustrated Guide by Stephenie Meyer

Review

The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide by Stephenie Meyer
Published Date: Apr 12, 2011
Publisher: Little, Brown Young Readers
Author Twitter - Author GoodReads

My rating:
Three Stars




Synopsis: This must-have edition is the definitive encyclopedic reference to the "New York Times"-bestselling Twilight Saga with its exclusive new material, character profiles, genealogical charts, maps, extensive cross-references, and more. (SOURCE)


I was happy that finally the Illustrated Guide was released. It's been a long time coming, that's for sure.

The interview that kicks off the book was entertaining and funny. It was nice to read a full length, detailed Q&A with Stephenie Meyer.

There were things that were repetitive, of course, but then I learned bits and pieces that I had not known before. Mostly the revelations were about the wolves, which is what I was hoping for. Since the series is mostly about the vampires there were so many unanswered questions when it came to the shape-shifters (wolf pack).

It was nice to learn about Leah's transformation and Sam & Leah's story. Those are things that hadn't been in print before, I don't believe.

Also I did enjoy learning more about the vamps (Cullens and other Covens) and their transformation stories too.

I didn't get everything I would have liked to have learned about. Such as Embry's parentage, but I feel like there was a hint of who might be his father without SM actually confirming it.

Overall I liked it - the illustrations were nice and I liked the family trees and timelines. It was nice to finally have the Guide in my hands after so long. I'm glad I purchased it and am able to add it to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger