social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

{Review} Meant to Be (The Saving Angels #1) by Tiffany King

Review

Meant to Be (The Saving Angels #1) by Tiffany King
Published Date:
Publisher:
Author Twitter - Author GoodReads
My Rating:
Three and a Half Stars




Synopsis: Krista Miller feels like she has lived her entire life in a glass box with her every emotion on display. She can’t help feeling like a defect as her sensitivities have made her socially inept and without any real friends; the one exception being the boy that visits her each night in her dreams.

Krista’s emotions are put to the test when a move to California triggers a devastating change to her fantasy world. The nightly comfort that the boy provides has now become a recurring nightmare as he is taken from her by an unseen force.

Struggling to appear normal, Krista enrolls in a new school and finds it to be nothing like she thought. Her new life is sent spiraling out of control from a strange connection with a boy, Mark, who claims to know all her secrets.

As Krista begins to explore the emotions that Mark evokes in her, secrets about their mysterious past and their predestined purpose threatens to separate them just when they have found each other. (SOURCE)

Why can't we give half stars? I'd like to give Meant to Be 3.5, darn it! I did like it a lot, definitely more than 3 stars worth and bordering on 4.

I bumped Meant to Be up on my to be read list because I'd been seeing such good things about it. I also wanted to read something different after finishing up the last book I read. MtB did not disappoint and fit that bill perfectly.

My only "complaint" would be that I would have liked more build up and more details on some things. But really, that's mostly because I wanted more of everything. I pretty much read it in a day and wanted to take my time but I couldn't put it down either.

Krista is a beautiful, smart girl that sees herself as ordinary when she looks in a mirror. All of her life she's been dreaming of an unknown boy who has aged as she has. Add that to the emotional roller coaster Krista feels daily, via her own emotions, and those of others, and her life is nothing close to "normal".

Krista is unexplainably drawn to Santa Cruz; a place she's never been in her life. When she and her mother up and move there Krista starts a new school. Right away she meets someone that she feels a shocking connection with. For the first time in her life she has a real friend; someone that understands what she is going through.

Unexpectedly Krista walks into a class to find her dream guy. Literally. The realization that he is REAL and not just a figment of her imagination is staggering. At first Krista is unwilling to speak to Mark; frightened at the things she doesn't know or understand. When she finally succumbs her world gets turned upside down even more.

The thing she doesn't expect is that having Mark near her makes her stronger and helps her to fight off the emotions that sometimes take over. As the story goes deeper and the group of friends begin their search for others like themselves. No one realizes the danger they are in as they dig.

When Krista and Mark are kidnapped they discover that what they thought they knew is no more. They both have to fight for their lives to escape the horror and pain being inflicted on them. Once they are rescued by an unlike source they are able to come together with others they have not met.

As I read more of MtB the writing became more fluid and engaging. This book is full of revelations. Tiffany King has created a world of her own and I really enjoyed that. I don't know if she plans on this being a series but I would love to have more; to learn what happens to everyone and to see what else they discover about their race. I think it has definitely potential as a series and would love to see that happen. Good stuff.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger