social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

{Review} The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

Review

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (Twilight #3.5) by Stephenie Meyer
Published Date: June 5, 2010 
Publisher: Little, Brown Company 
Author Twitter - Author GoodReads 

My rating:

Four Stars

Synopsis: Bree Tanner can barely remember life before she had uncannily powerful senses, superhuman reflexes and unstoppable physical strength. Life before she had a relentless thirst for blood... life before she became a vampire. 

All Bree knows is that living with her fellow newborns has few certainties and even fewer rules: watch your back, don't draw attention to yourself and, above all, make it home by sunrise or die. What she doesn't know: her time as an immortal is quickly running out. 


Then Bree finds an unexpected friend in Diego, a newborn just as curious as Bree about their mysterious creator, whom they know only as "her". As they come to realize that the newborns are pawns in a game larger than anything they could have imagined, Bree and Diego must choose sides and decide whom to trust. But when everything you know about vampires is based on a lie, how do you find the truth? (SOURCE)

I've had the book for a while but hadn't had the chance to read it yet. I wanted to read something short so I decided to finally go for this.

It was interesting to see things from Bree's perspective- to see the things we didn't know about while reading Eclipse or seeing the movie. I felt like it was a great tie-in to the movie too and gave a new look at the Riley scenes.

I enjoyed the interaction with the Cullen's as well. Seeing Bree "stand up" for herself, even though she knew she was doomed. The way she went about "telling" Edward what she knew and had discovered.

I did feel bad for her (and Diego), knowing that everything that happened to her was out of her hands. Being turned without her consent; having to stay somewhere she didn't feel safe because she believed the lies Riley told the Newborns.

Loved that Bree gave Jane "the finger" so to speak without Jane even realizing what she was doing.

Reading this makes me want to go back and read Eclipse again, to see if I pick up on things I hadn't noticed before. I'm sure I'll look at everyone in a whole new light.

I'd like to know where Fred is now too. Hmm.

Overall, I enjoyed Bree Turner and I'm happy that I had the chance to finally read it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger