social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

{Review} Her Sanctuary by P.Q. Glisson

Review

Her Sanctuary by P.Q. Glisson
Published Date: Jan 20, 2010
Publisher: iUniverse
Author Twitter - Author GoodReads

My rating:
Two Stars





Synopsis: Shannon Mallory was a woman on the run....not from outside forces but from her own wounded heart. When she pulled up into the parking lot of "The Last Resort Cafe" in the town of "Sanctuary", little did she know she would find the one thing she never even knew she was searching for....true love.

Seth Proudfoot wasn't looking for anything, except an end to his miserable existence. Accused of a crime he couldn't remember committing, he was ostracized by a town that, ironically, bore the name of the one thing he could never find....Sanctuary.

When the two meet, neither can ignore the magnetic pull between them, but will Shannon allow her damaged spirit to trust a man...a man who may have murdered his own family?

Though Shannon is the most beautiful woman he has ever seen, it is her spirit that breaks down the iron-clad shield around his heart. Their desire burns hotter than the Arizona desert, threatening to melt the very mountains that loom like silent Gods above their heads. But can their love survive a betrayal that could very well cost them both their lives? (SOURCE)

I hate writing a review that doesn't involve praise for an authors hard work. I had high hopes when I started Her Sanctuary. Unfortunately, it took me over a month to read it because I read just a few pages at a time. I just couldn't get into it, sadly. I felt like the story idea was a good concept but all things considered, it was too rushed.

There was too much tragedy packed into one book, in my opinion. Especially within the first one hundred pages. It felt like the lead female character would know sooner get over one event in her life and be hit with another. Surely one person can not have that much bad luck?

With that said, I liked the ending a little better than the beginning but it was a struggle to get to that point. I'm a huge angst fan but even this one was too much for me. I'd have liked to have seen some parts more fleshed out, and others probably done away with.

I hope P.Q. has a lot of success. She's a sweet heart and I know I'm just one opinion, others may love this book. Sadly, it just wasn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger