social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Monday, August 26, 2019

{Book Review} Wrong Bed, Right Guy (Come Undone #1) by Katee Robert

Review
Two Stars
I really wanted to like this one because it has a lot of the tropes I love. Unrequited love!!!! Y'all, it's my favorite. But I just could not get into these characters. Ok, I take that back. I could not get into Elle. I liked Gabe! I like Nathan! I did not like Elle. This book starts out with Elle climbing into bed with her boss. Except it's not him she's seducing, it's his brother, who has blown into town. Normally I'd be all about that in a book but for some reason it just did not work for me this time. I'm sad about it. I think my issue with it is that Nathan (Elle's boss) didn't give her any reason to think he was interested but yet she sort of broke into his place at night to climb into his bed! Consent, man.

I spent a lot of time yelling at Elle. Every single thing Gabe did seemed to be not good enough for her. Because of his appearance (hello tattooed dude) Elle judged him. She also judged herself for being attracted to him, all because she had history with "bad boys" and it never turned out well. I get that, mostly, except she kept on and on about it and Gabe did nothing but try over and over to prove himself to her. Every little thing that went wrong, Elle blamed Gabe for. Of course he wasn't perfect and made mistakes, but compared to how Elle treated him he was fine, in my opinion. It made me crazy. There were times that I really wanted Gabe to walk away and be done with her.

Like I said, I really wanted to love this because I'd heard rave reviews about Katee Robert books but I just could not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger