social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

{Review} Bittersweet Seraphim (Seraphim#2) by Debra Anastasia

Review

Bittersweet Seraphim (Seraphim #2) by Debra Anastasia
Publication Date: Nov 20, 2012
Publisher: Omnific Publishing
Author Twitter - Author GoodReads

My Rating:
Four Stars




Suffering is worst when you’re doing it alone. But Emma’s taking Hell like an angel—even though her languishing began with having her seraph wings torn from her back. Now her worst enemy lords his body and his evil desires over her while she tries desperately to remember the words to her favorite prayer.
As Devil, Jack used to have Hell and its women humming like well-oiled machines. Too bad he’s nowhere near the place now. Stuck on Earth as a human, he must work with a ragtag team of exiled minions and half-breeds to save the angel who’s become all that matters.
Rescuing a seraph is the plan, but breaking into Hell means letting evil things out. Once they collide, minions and angels converge in the battle of the ages: good versus evil. But which side is which? Will Jack destroy the world as he fights to save Emma, his true and timeless love, from a damnation he designed?
An action-packed sequel to Crushed Seraphim, this tale reveals—time and again—what happens when the heart’s deepest desires break free. With a story both sizzling and sensual, emotional and enigmatic, Debra Anastasia invites readers to join a battle with nothing less than love on the line. (SOURCE)






Debra Anastasia is one of my favorite authors. There I said it. Her witty dialogue and imaginative stories never fail to reel me in. She isn’t afraid to write what she wants, even a fart joke here and there. Bittersweet Seraphim most definitely did not disappoint. It was all I expected and more.

Bittersweet is the follow up to Crushed Seraphim, in which we met Jack, Emma, and Jason, just to name a few. In this second book we join those three as well as a few new characters. Often times I’m leery of characters being added in on top of characters but not this time. I liked how our new friends’ stories were weaved in with those we already knew and loved.

Jack is back (hehehe) and he’s sexy and funny as ever. It's impossible not to love him, devil or not. He bleeds sarcasm and I adore that, which shouldn’t be a big surprise to most everyone that knows me. But my absolute favorite thing about him is his overwhelming love for Emma. Even while they are apart, he refuses to give up and his love for her holds strong. *sigh* If he were the mushy type, I’d have just climbed through the pages and hugged Jack. (Possibly I’d sneak in a grope.)

The bad thing is, Jack is back on earth as a human while his love is in Hell. Emma is caged up by the current devil, who likes to spend his days dishing out any form of abuse he can. Everett has never wanted anything but Emma and he thinks now that he has her trapped, he’ll get what he desires. Poor Emma tries to keep her mind focused on what she loves most, even though she no longer has her wings. Some days it’s hard to focus and remember why she’s there.

Though she doesn’t know it, Jack and the gang plan to break Emma out of Hell. *jazz hands*

Unfortunately they release minions on their way in, creating a bit of chaos on earth. A devilish twist I wasn’t expecting at all follows. I’m all about a book surprising me over and over-- Bittersweet does just that. Not only does the plot have a few twists but I enjoyed seeing the characters grow and evolve before my eyes. The characters I love (and even those I love to dislike) surprised me often and kept me on the edge of my seat.

I felt like the final chapter was the perfectly wrapped package with a beautiful bow on top. Fascinating and very enjoyable book. If you’re curious but uncertain about checking out Bittersweet, first I have to say, read Crushed first (obviously) so you can hurry on over to this one-- you won’t be disappointed. Who doesn’t want to read the story of the devil falling in love with an angel??  It’s a steal via amazon for kindle right now. You should go buy it.



I received this galley title via the author/publisher. This did not sway my review in either direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger