social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

{Book Review} How to Love a Duke in Ten Days by Kerrigan Byrne


These men are dark, bold, and brave. And there is only one woman who can bring them to their knees...

Famed and brilliant, Lady Alexandra Lane has always known how to look out for to herself. But nobody would ever expect that she has darkness in her past—one that she pays a blackmailer to keep buried. Now, with her family nearing bankruptcy, Alexandra strikes upon a solution: Get married to one of the empire’s most wealthy eligible bachelors. Even if he does have the reputation of a devil.

LOVE TAKES NO PRISONERS

Piers Gedrick Atherton, the Duke of Redmayne, is seeking revenge and the first step is securing a bride. Winning a lady’s hand is not so easy, however, for a man known as the Terror of Torcliff. Then, Alexandra enters his life like a bolt of lightning. When she proposes marriage, Piers knows that, like him, trouble haunts her footsteps. But her gentleness, sharp wit, independent nature, and incredible beauty awakens every fierce desire within him. He will do whatever it takes to keep her safe in his arms.



I loved it. I loved it. I looooved it. I actually received this as an ARC via NetGalley but enjoyed it so much I purchased a kindle copy.

How to Love a Duke in Ten Days is my first Kerrigan Byrne read and I’m so hooked on her writing style I can’t wait to read more. I really enjoyed her story telling!

Y’all! They are both so full of attributes I love in a romance character. I wanted to devour this book so quickly but I made myself savor it. This book is the first in a trilogy and follows Alexandra and Piers (I love his name!). Alexandra is a strong, smart, sassy heroine and Piers is a strong, scarred, grumpy hero.

Between Piers’ mommy issues and Alexandra’s men issues I wanted to hug them both. There’s nothing I like more than two tortured characters making their way into each other’s hearts.

From the second they met I felt their chemistry and couldn’t wait to see where it went. If these two characters had ended up with other significant others it just wouldn’t have been the same for me. I could see them slowly falling for one another.

Alexandra is hiding something and Piers is distrustful of...everyone, and some twisted part of me was so excited to see all of that play out. Misunderstanding and miscommunication is such catnip for me!

The sex scenes were fantastic. I loved that we got foreplay multiple times before they consummated. Yay slow burn!

I really could ramble all day about this book and this couple and even the secondary characters. I’m really looking forward to more of them in the future.

Trigger warning for rape.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger