social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Friday, May 15, 2015

{Review} Streamline by Jennifer Lane

Streamline by Jennifer Lane
Goodreads - Twitter - Website
Format: Paperback, 460 pages
Published March 27th 2012 by Omnific Publishing

Seems like Leo Scott has it all: looks, brains, and athletic talent. He's captain of his high school swim team with a bright future in college and beyond. But Leo has secrets. His mother's crippling car accident has devastated his family and left Leo to deal with his father's abuse, battered and alone.
Leo's girlfriend Audrey Rose is poised for her own share of success. As one of Florida's top high school swimmers, Audrey dreams of college swimming stardom. But there's an obstacle to her glorious rise to the top. Her number-one supporter -- her father -- is in prison for murder.
Part murder mystery, part tale of young love in a military family, this gripping story takes readers on a journey from Pensacola to Annapolis. Leo and Audrey must band together to rise above the adversity they encounter and find their true selves in the process. When everything's on the line... streamline.


Review
Four Stars


Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Drug abuse, Mental and physical abuse, Teen sex

I'm not even sure where to begin with this one. Streamline is such a heart tugging, sweet story with a bit of mystery. 
Leo is a great kid but he carries the weight of the world on his shoulders. He's constantly worried about his family and his girlfriend. There's this great need in him to fix things for everyone. It's hard to see him go through some of the stuff he does. Especially with his father. 
Audrey is a sweet and supportive girlfriend. She definitely has way more stress in her life than a teenager should. Between worrying about Leo and her own family, plus her swimming career, phew it's a lot.
Even though the story is about Leo and Audrey both, I feel like he is really the 'star' and that's ok with me. I don't normally connect with a teenage boy when I'm reading but I did with Leo.
Streamline is not an easy read. When I say that the reason is because there is physical, mental, and drug abuse, teen pregnancy, suicide. It's a lot to take in and I had to read it in starts and stops until I made it to the middle of the book. At that point things started moving so fast I didn't want to stop. I had to know what would happen next.
If I had to say there was one thing I didn't like about Streamline it would that at the end of the book I'd have liked a look at everyone in the future. But really, that is such a small thing in the grand scheme of things. Streamline hit all of my 'feels' and I loved every word of it

Just as a side note, it's on sale for $2.99 for kindle right now. I'm not sure how long it will last!

Purchase: Amazon - B&N


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger