social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Friday, June 27, 2014

{Book Review} REAL by Katy Evans

REAL by Katy Evans
Published April 8th 2013 by Smashwords Edition
GoodReads

A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition...
He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting...
Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I've ever met in my life.
He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I've never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong—but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents...
But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.
I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.
If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?

Review
5 Stars


It's no secret that I really love when the male lead in a book is hard and tough and hard headed and just...frustrating beyond belief. I don't know what it is about that but I love it.

Remington is definitely that personality type. I never knew what he was going to do next and I couldn't really get into his head, even when he began to open up to Brooke. This is in no way a complaint. Though Remington could be frustrating I enjoyed slowly learning about him.

Brooke is such a juxtaposition when you consider Remington. She's classy and lady like. Not the kind of girl you'd think would be interested in a boxer. Then again, I don't know that I would have thought he'd be interested in her either. But I always enjoy it when the male and female lead are entirely opposite but somehow still 'work'.

There's good chemistry between the two, which is always a plus when reading a romance heavy book. I liked that it wasn't solely about the romance though. There's back story on both Remington and Brooke, which made them more well rounded characters and the book a lot more 'real' (no pun intended).

REAL is a good book and I enjoyed Katy Evans style. I'm curious to see how the rest of this series goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger