social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

{Book Review} Season of Second Chances by Brighton Walsh

18779512Season of Second Chances by Brighton Walsh

Publication Date: Dec 5, 2013
Publisher: Carina Press Author Twitter - Author Goodreads
When a storm strands Claire Hanlin in Chicago on Christmas Eve, the last person she expects to come to her rescue is Logan Dawes, the man she almost married two years ago. The chemistry between them is dangerously potent, but with nowhere else to go, Claire accepts Logan's offer to stay with him for the night. Back in the home they shared, surrounded by reminders of Logan and his young daughter, Claire begins to realize how much she misses the family she almost had. After a few cups of Christmas cheer, she falls right back into her ex's arms-even though she knows it means setting herself up for heartbreak all over again. The magic of the season has thrown him together with the woman he's never stopped loving, and Logan's not about to pass up this gift. He's not the workaholic he was two years ago-his family comes first. Now all he has to do is prove it to Claire, before the snow stops and she flies out of his life for good. (SOURCE)
Review
Four Stars
Contemporary, Romance, Holiday
Adult content

Where to start? Can I just...leave a lot of swoony words and nonsense? A whole lot of *flails* *spins* *twirls* *sighs*? Y'all will understand that, right? Especially if I throw in a little "alksjga;skl alkjsd;igufwalkj," right? No? Ok ok. I'll give it a go then.

Season of Second Chances is a holiday novella and there is not much I love more. Yeah, I'm one of those "omg I have to watch every Hallmark Holiday Movie" people. In general, I love novellas and holiday stories but combine them and I'm in h-e-a-v-e-n. Holiday themed stories are always so full of joy, hope and love and sweetness. Novellas give me just what I want, when I want it, a quick story that grabs me from the start  and gets right to the falling in love. This little story did not disappoint when it came to that. I mean, two former loves coming back together at the holidays? *grabby hands*
Claire is stuck in the airport, of all places, on Christmas Eve. Not only is that terrible for most people, but the city she's in is the last place she wants to be. When your ex fiancee lives in said city, it's pretty much the last place you want to be stuck in during the holidays. Especially when you were on your way to see your family. Ugh and omg 'what might have been's and unrequited-ish loves and reconnection always always always get to me. They are my favorite ever.

The last thing Claire expects is to come face to face with her ex. And for him to offer her a place to crash, seriously no. Dude. It's like she's thrown back two years, before things ended between them. The glimpse of the two of them together, the what could have been, is so touching. Logan is a great guy and it's easy to see that he wishes things could have been different. I just wanted to shove him and Claire together and scream OPEN YOUR EYES.

They spend Christmas together, including Logan's young daughter, who Claire had been close with previously. Their time together filled me with squishy love and joy. It gave Logan and Claire hope. Heck, it gave ME hope. Then Logan disappoints Claire when she goes out on a limb for him. There's a lot of miscommuniation between the pair, from their past, to their present. That causes a lot of frustration on both sides of the fence. I wanted to climb inside the book and tell them to talk to one another for goodness sake!! siiiiiigh

SO. I won't spoil it for you but Logan breaks down and goes after Claire (AS HE SHOULD HAVE DONE BEFORE ahem) and I cheered. A lot. It was the ultimate gesture. As if I didn't have reason to like Logan before, this was icing on the cake when it came to him. Claire is one of those characters you feel like you can be besties with so for her to get her happy ending is the best.

I can't say how much I enjoyed Season of Second Chances Brighton is my favorite! Such a joyful and sexy story. I suggest you give it a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger