social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

{Review} The Prince (Original Sinners #3) by Tiffany Reisz

Review
The Prince by Tiffany Reisz

Publication Date: Nov 20, 2012
Publisher: Harlequin MIRA
Author Twitter - Author GoodReads
My Rating: 
Three and a Half Stars


Synopsis: Keep your friends close and your enemies closer... preferably in bed. That's always been Kingsley Edge's strategy with his associate, the notorious New York dominatrix Nora Sutherlin. But with Nora away in Kentucky, now it's Kingsley's chance to take her place at the feet of the only man he's ever wanted -- Søren, Nora's on-again, off-again lover -- until a new threat from an old enemy forces him to confront his past.

Wes Railey is still the object of Nora's tamest yet most maddening fantasies, and the one man she can't forget. He's young. He's wonderful. He's also thoroughbred royalty and she's in "his" world now. But Nora is no simpering Southern belle, and her dream of fitting into Wesley's world is perpetually at odds with her dear Søren's relentlessly seductive pull.

Two worlds of wealth and passion call to her and whichever one Nora chooses, it will be the hardest decision she will ever have to make... unless someone makes it for her....

The Prince is the third book in The Original Sinners series (The Siren #1, The Angel #2). I am actually having trouble putting my thoughts together enough to review it. This seems to have happened with the other two books as well. This is not a bad thing, don't get me wrong. It's just that Tiffany Reisz's books leave your mind a little boggled.

One of the things that sticks out in mind is that the point of views alternate with each chapter. I really loved that, actually. In some books that can make things confusing but in The Prince, it added to the experience. There's a lot of back story between Soren and Kingsley, which I really enjoyed. It made me see both of those characters in a different light. I haven't always been Soren's biggest fan, I won't deny that, but seeing another side of him was great. It made him and Kingsley both a lot more 3D. They are incredibly complex characters. And, really, heart stuttering sexy too.

I've always been a fan of Wesley and at the end of The Siren I was flailing over him. Such a curious young man. I needed more of him. Of course I was thrilled to have a large chunk of the book with him and Nora spending time together. There's a little bit of mystery intertwined in their story. It made me really curious about the horse racing world. Wes and Nora are sweet and hot together too. They are a great combination but I feel like the other shoe hasn't quite dropped yet when it comes to them. I'm a little nervous!

In most great books, there's a twist. The twist. Oh, the twist. Still has my mind whirling! And the whole damn book ended on a CLIFF. HANGER. to beat all cliffhangers. When I read the very last line I said, rather loudly, "Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?!" As I recall, the previous two books ended on cliffies too. I should have known this one would as well. It has left me salivating and chomping at the bit [see what I did there?] for more. Why must we have to wait so long?!

If you haven't given these books a read, please do. They are full of great and fascinating characters, delicious sex scenes and interesting plot!


I received an e-copy of this novel via NetGalley. My review is honest and my own.
If you have questions please feel free to contact me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger