social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

{Review} SEALed with a Promise (SEALed #2) by Mary-Margret Daughtridge

Review

SEALed with a Promise (SEALed #2) by Mary-Margret Daughtridge
Published Date: April 1, 2009
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca

My Rating:
Two Stars


Synopsis: He'll do anything to move the mission forward, no matter the cost...Navy SEAL Caleb Delaude is deadly charming. When he discovers that professor Emmie Caddington's personal connections can help him get the dirty work done, he sets out to win her over. But her quick intelligence and quirky personality sure do start to get under his skin...She may just be the key to his salvation...Emmie's smart and independent and isn't looking for a brawny guy to take over her life. But this rugged Navy SEAL, who seems so determined to get close to her, hides a fi erce intelligence and deep sensitivity.When plans go wrong and a child's life is on the line, Emmie learns what it means to be a SEAL in action, and Caleb discovers that even a hero can get hurt sometimes... (SOURCE)

I was looking forward to reading more of this series by moving on to book 2. While I did enjoy the story over all, I didn't breeze through it as quickly as I did the first book. I felt like the characters weren't as developed as I'd have liked them to be. I didn't get a chance to really love Emmie and Caleb. 

For that matter, I didn't see them 'fall in love' either. One of my favorite parts of reading a romance novel is to see two characters get to know one another, to see that spark and the beginnings of a relationship. To see why they fell in love. And how. That part fell a little flat to me. Bummer.

It never sat right with me that Caleb set out to use Emmie to get back at someone. Even when he told her, she seemed sort of ok with it. I expected anger or for her to feel betrayed, but she did not. I was honestly disappointed in her reaction and felt that it wasn't a 'real' reaction. I was more upset by his actions on her behalf. It was hard for me to get past the way Emmie allowed herself to be a doormat, both with Caleb and her own family.

As far as light reads go, this was a good one. It just didn't wrap me around it's finger like I'd hoped it would. I do plan on continuing with the series though.



These are only my personal observations and thoughts regarding this book. Any and all books blogged about here are paid for with my personal money unless otherwise specified within the review. If you have questions please feel free to contact me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger