social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

{Review} Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

Review

Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
Publication Date: Feb 14, 2012 US)
Publisher: Knopf
Author Twitter - Author GoodReads
My Rating:
Four Stars

Synopsis: "Let me make it in time. Let me meet Shadow. The guy who paints in the dark. Paints birds trapped on brick walls and people lost in ghost forests. Paints guys with grass growing from their hearts and girls with buzzing lawn mowers." It’s the end of Year 12. Lucy’s looking for Shadow, the graffiti artist everyone talks about. His work is all over the city, but he is nowhere. Ed, the last guy she wants to see at the moment, says he knows where to find him. He takes Lucy on an all-night search to places where Shadow’s thoughts about heartbreak and escape echo around the city walls. But the one thing Lucy can’t see is the one thing that’s right before her eyes. (SOURCE)

Ah Y'ALL!!!! I had a friend rave about Graffiti Moon after I mentioned my interest in reading it. After she gushed about it, I knew I had to bump it up on my list. I so was not disappointed that I did!

Graffiti Moon follows Lucy, who has the biggest crush on a graffiti artist named Shadow. She and her closest friends plan a night out to celebrate their completion of Year 12 in school. They run into three guys they know, one which Lucy has a rather funny past experience with. Ed is the last person she wants to spend her night of celebration with. But the six of them make a night of it together.

Lucy is determined to spend some time looking for Shadow, who she's always managed to just miss every other time she's tracked him. Shadow's art is all over the city, on legal and illegal walls. Ed tells Lucy he knows where to find Shadow and they set out on their own after a stop at a party.

As they explore the city on Lucy's bike they come to realize they have more in common than they originally thought. They spend their journey discussing art, their hobbies, and the miscommunication that had them at odds. It was so fun to see them get to know one another and for their crush from the past to start to bloom again.

When Lucy realizes Shadow isn't the person she thought he might be she begins to see Ed in a different light too. I couldn't help but cheer for Ed. He is a good person; a nice guy that only wants to take care of his family. He was definitely easy to love, both for me and for Lucy.

And Lucy, she's a strong, smart character. A breath of fresh air.

Graffiti Moon is a read that I just sailed through. It gave me that feeling of, when I finished it, I just sighed happily. As a side note, it sort of reminded me of Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. If you enjoyed that, you will probably like GM.  I just really loved it. Can't say it enough.



These are only my personal observations and thoughts regarding this book. Any and all books blogged about here are paid for with my personal money unless otherwise specified within the review. If you have questions please feel free to contact me.


1 comment:

  1. I wasn't sure what to expect when I heard about this book but you make it sound wonderful! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger