social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

{Review} Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins

Review

Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins
Published Date: Aug 24, 2010
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Author Twitter - Author GoodReads
My rating:
Five Stars

Synopsis: My name is Katniss Everdeen. Why am I not dead? I should be dead.

Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.

It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plains--except Katniss.

The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay--no matter what the personal cost.
(SOURCE)
I read the first four chapters as soon as I finished Catching Fire. After that, things got in the way and it was another week before I was able to pick Mockingjay back up. I couldn't put it down once I settled back into it.

Lots of questions answered. Lots of heartache and bittersweet.

Peeta in particular tore at my heart. Seeing him struggle the way he did, wanting so badly for him to remember why he loved Katniss.

Then there is Gale, whom I loved as well. So full with pain, being in love with someone he wasn't sure he could 'have'.

The main focus isn't a romance between Katniss, Gale and Peeta, but the struggle and the battle they live with regarding the Snow and the Rebels. That's probably the most heartbreaking part. Knowing they are all struggling with inner demons, worrying about loved ones, losing others that have touched their lives.

Had so many people not read, reviewed and recommended the trilogy, I doubt I would have read it. I'm not usually into this type of thing- futuristic world where things have been destroyed, etc. I'm glad I joined the crowd this time. They are powerful books. Powerful characters that you can't help but love and pull for and want to see happy. Sadly, even the 'happy' isn't what we'd like to see them get. I guess given the things they've lived through, their HEA is more than they could have ever dreamed of.

My mind is still all over the place. Not really connecting all the dots. I think this is probably a good thing. When you read a book like this, it should be powerful enough to make you think about it for days after you finish it. It definitely makes you realize how lucky you are in the world you live in.

That aside, Suzanne Collins writes an amazing tale. I'm truly captivated. (And a little rambly.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger