social media Twitter Goodreads RSS amazon email
.
.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

{Review} Crushed Seraphim by Debra Anastasia

Review

Crushed Seraphim by Debra Anastasia
Published Date: May 17, 2011 
Publisher: Omnific Publishing

My rating:
Four Stars
Synopsis: How does a foul-mouthed angel end up as the last hope for all of Heaven and Earth?

When Seraph Emma is maimed and tossed from Heaven by a rogue angel who's taken charge, she fears she'll never be allowed to return. Tasked with the impossible job of showing the self-loathing (and not even human!) Jason his worth, Emma is sure she's doomed to fail.

Meanwhile, having wormed his way into Heaven, the corrupt Everett has trapped God in Hell and has designs on unleashing evil everywhere. Fortunately, if there's one thing Emma can't do (in addition to minding her language), it's give up. Determined to save Jason and get back to Heaven-even if it means going to Hell-Emma's plan is simple yet impossible: trick the Devil to save God.

What she doesn't count on is the devotion and, well, humanity she finds in Jason; the spirit, hidden compassion, and raw sex appeal within the Devil; and the vulnerability of her own heart. With the help of two unlikely allies, she'll wage the battle for Heaven. But will Emma be sidetracked by a new sort of heaven along the way?

What's truly more dangerous?

Falling from Heaven, or falling in love? (Source)

I always wanted to read Crushed Seraphim when it was fanfiction but I sadly, never had the chance. When I learned it was being published and I ordered my copy I told Ms. Debra that I was going to take notes during every chapter, like reviews you'd post on FF.net - So I did. It was fun!!



 I loved the book so much. It made me giggle and swoon, and even shed a few tears. I found myself torn between which guy, Jack or Jason, I liked best. Now I just need to know what happens next. *holds hand out* Please ma'am, may I have some more?

I marked my "review" as containing spoilers since I did the chapter comments. I'm pasting those below:


Prologue - Oh wow. I actually feel really bad for Satan. Is that normal? It's definitely something I never thought I would 'say'. He is kind of yummy though. Ok, more than yummy. Phew. Violent. Poor thing. I have a bad feeling about this Everett character.

Chapter 1 - Hehe not even a full page into the chapter and they are already arguing. Love it. And Jason's the only one that can see her?! omg he can heal her injuries!! Swoon. Hee Jason can dress her. Too funny. I can only imagine what kind of mischief that will create. Awww poor Jason. Those stinky O'Dowell boys :( Hahahah bunny slippers!! Uh oh. Going up a ladder to an unknown destination can't be good.

Chapter 2 - Stupid Everett. HEE Emma is a gladiator. Kick his ass girl! Wait. What?! "Longing in his eyes"??? *frowny face* Poor Emma, losing her love and then knowing he's in danger :( Yay!!! OH NOOOOO! Everett is a rat bastard.

Chapter 3 - Angel food cake! *grin* I love that. Oh no not him again. Eep. Emma!! She can't go to Hell. Don't want Jason to either though. Dang. I don't like the future. *shakes head* Not at all. Need to make sure that doesn't happen, Jason. The thought of him ripping off her wing makes me cringe. Can he really manage to do what she asks? I don't know, I don't know. I hope not! But what other way is there?

Chapter 4 - Ooh I like this whole "pause" thing. Jaaaason you are sly. Her fiance!? Did not expect that. OH. What. An. Asshole. *sniffle* He chose eternity. Poor Emma, loving and losing someone over and over. Can I hug her now? And Jason. Oh Jason. You don't sound so bad to me. We can't choose our families *pets him*

Chapter 5 - Um. Yum. Oh no, not more angels :( Hee so true, check out lines are hell. Oh noooooes. Sad for Jason. Sad for Emma. Damn Everett!

Chapter 6 - Oh. *clears throat* Hi there, Satan. I can totally understand how Emma would be distracted by him. Oh, I want to be a little bad.

Chapter 7 - Jason :( Good advice from Dean. The prayer, oh Jason, bless your heart. Grrrrr not him again. Nooooooo, Jason!

Chapter 8 - No fear, just sin - I can't even... A lesson n wickedness, yes, uh huh, I volunteer. Oh, now we get to hear HIS story *sits up straight* Aw now, that makes me so sad for him. That was so very wrong of Gabriel. Oh OH, maybe he'll get his revenge. Hmmm Satan wants to keep Emma safe. Run, Emma, run!!

Chapter 9 - Oh poor Emma, the things she had to endure while walking down that hall. I'm so glad she found God and that he was able to free Sam. Her sacrifice makes my heart hurt.

Chapter 10 - It feels weird to say that I have sympathy for the Devil. He keeps surprising me, especially his need to protect Emma. I'm happy she stopped to help him. A little nervous about this emerging monster.

Chapter 11 - So good to see Jason's siblings coming to his aide, even when they couldn't see what they were fighting. Satan makes me melty when he's all sweet and caring. Go Emma for being brave and making that monster melt away. She's kick ass.

Chapter 12 - Under these circumstances it might not be so had to have The Devil on your side. He did a good thing, healing Jason and trying to protect Emma. Damn Everett, I hope he gets what he deserves.

Chapter 13 - Oh Jack, *tear*

Chapter 14 - Trees. Huh. Oh Jack, you sent her a gift. You used your last bits of magic for her. I want to hug you now. He probably gave them the best gift ever. I swoon a little now that Jason can hear Emma's thoughts. That will bring about lots of fun times.

Chapter 15 - He's lost the gift of hearing thoughts? Interesting. What's that all about? Why'd he have it at first and then lose it? Was it just so he could know what was happening with Jack? I like them having time together, for him to court her and her to get to know Jason. It makes my heart sad that Emma feels so guilty about Jack. Seriana, you poor thing. Definitely wasn't expecting Claudette to show up. I'm unsure about her appearance and whether it's on the up and up. I feel bad for Jason. I just can't help but 'ship' Emma and Jack though.

Chapter 16 - *gulp* Um. *faints*

Chapter 17 - *bouncy clap* Emma loves him!!!! Jack loves her!!!! No no no, Emma. I get it but I'm so sad this is what you have to do. To tie yourself to Everett, to lose Jason and Jack. For Jack to lose his memories and love for you. *tear* Oh Jason, to know she doesn't love you but to volunteer to take her wings so it doesn't hurt. He is a good man, I hope he realizes that. *snot sob* Jack. Oh, honey.

Chapter 18 - Everett is such a rat. I'm bummed that Claudette managed to successfully pull off her end of the deal when it came to Jason. But I'm so relieved she wasn't able to with Jack. Good for him, telling Gabriel what he thinks. I have a little bit of hope in my heart since Jack tracked down Jason and the family. One more chapter left. SAD.

Chapter 19 - VIOLENT. Oh! Getting her perspective from her time on Earth is interesting. I wasn't expecting Violent to appear again or for Jack to ask for her help. I held my breath while they tried to convince her to help them. Since she did I need more. I'm so scared they won't get Emma out in time. She and Jack will both be in torment for eternity if they aren't able to.

I just need more now. I need to know what happens next.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and for stopping by my blog!

 

Copyright ©2012 Book Boudoir | All Rights Reserved | Website Designed by CreativeB Design Studios

Powered by Blogger